Crispy Pistachio Goat Cheese Balls
Craving something to nibble on before dinner? These Crispy Pistachio Goat Cheese Balls made with Raw Pistachios are the ultimate snack!
Easy, Quick, Weekday, Spring, Vegan, Vegetarian, Pistachios, Italian, Asparagus, Gremolata, Side Dish, Gluten-Free
1/2 cup Setton Farms Raw Pistachios (in shell)
11 oz. (1 log) goat cheese
1/3 cup all purpose flour
2 tbsp. Honey
Pinch of salt & pepper
Canola or vegetable oil for frying
1) In a small bowl, whisk egg and add salt and pepper.
2) In a dry surface line flour and bread-crumbs without mixing.
3) Separate the pistachio kernels from the shells and ground finely. Mix with goat cheese in a medium bowl.
4) Make 1 tablespoon size goat cheese balls and roll each one in flour, then egg and then breadcrumbs, coating evenly.
5) Freeze for 15 minutes.
5) Set a deep saucepan to medium-high heat, and add the canola oil (or oil of your choice). Fry goat cheese balls for 1- 2 minutes (or until golden and crispy).
7) Remove from the saucepan and eliminate the excess oil with a paper towel. Place on a platter and drizzle with honey.
In this recipe
Freshly picked and straight from our orchards, these naturally raw pistachios are bursting with flavor and nutrients, just as Mother Nature intended. Without the addition of roasting and salting, these naturally raw pistachios maintain their vibrant green hue and distinctive taste.
Let your taste buds do some exploring
You might also like these other tasty recipes featuring California Pistachios.