Scallops with Pistachio Butter
Easy, Quick, Weekday, Spring, Vegan, Vegetarian, Pistachios, Italian, Asparagus, Gremolata, Side Dish, Gluten-Free
1/4 cup Scorpion Pepper Seasoned Pistachio Kernels
2 tbsp unsalted butter (room temp.)
1 tbsp chopped chives
1 tsp dijon mustard
1 tsp chopped garlic
6 large sea scallops on the shell, side muscle removed
Pinch of salt
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Clean the scallops, pat them dry and place them back in their shell.
3) In a bowl mix chopped pistachios, butter, chives, mustard, garlic and salt, until you get a thick paste.
4) Add about 1 tsp of the pistachio butter on top of each scallop and cook for 10 minutes in the oven.
5) ***This recipe also works for frozen or fresh scallops without the shells. First, sear the scallops in a nonstick skillet over high heat (about 2 minutes per side) and add the butter. Cook until the butter is completely melted and the pistachios start to turn crusty brown. Enjoy!
In this recipe
Get ready to feel the burn. We’ve combined the powerful health benefits of pistachios with the extreme heat of Trinidad Scorpion Peppers. Shelled and seasoned to spicy perfection, our family’s premium, all-natural California pistachios will push your taste buds to the limit.
Let your taste buds do some exploring
You might also like these other tasty recipes featuring California Pistachios.