What’s for dinner? Try this delicious Pistachio-Crusted Tofu, made with Setton Farms Salt & Pepper Seasoned Pistachio Pistachios, and pair it with rice and veggies. *Use in-shell or kernels; we have both varieties available!
Easy, Quick, Weekday, Spring, Vegan, Vegetarian, Pistachios, Italian, Asparagus, Gremolata, Side Dish, Gluten-Free
1 block of firm tofu
1 cup Setton Farms Salt & Pepper Seasoned Pistachio Kernels
1/4 cup breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 tablespoons olive oil
1) Preheat your air fryer to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil. Lightly grease the lined baking sheet with cooking spray.
2) Drain the tofu and gently press it between paper towels or a clean kitchen towel to remove excess moisture. Cut the tofu into thick slices or into smaller cubes, depending on your preference.
3) In a food processor or blender, pulse the pistachios until they are finely ground. Be careful not to over-process them, or you’ll end up with pistachio butter.
4) In a shallow bowl or plate, combine the ground pistachios, breadcrumbs, nutritional yeast and garlic powder. Mix well.
5) Dip each tofu slice or cube into the olive oil, making sure to coat it completely. Then, roll it in the pistachio mixture, pressing gently to adhere the coating to the tofu. Repeat this process with the remaining tofu pieces.
6) Place the coated tofu on the prepared baking sheet. Lightly spray the top of the tofu with cooking spray. This will help the crust become crispy.
7) Air fry for 20 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and crispy.
8) Once done, remove the tofu from the oven and let it cool slightly before serving. You can enjoy the pistachio-crusted tofu with your favorite veggie and rice.
Let your taste buds do some exploring
You might also like these other tasty recipes featuring California Pistachios.