Log In to Like
Ensenada Tacos with Pistachio & Mango Pico de Gallo
More Than Spicy
1/4 cup chopped Setton Farms Salt & Pepper Seasoned Pistachio Kernels
1/3 lb. mahi mahi, or other similar fish
1/2 cup diced mango
1/2 cup diced tomatoes
1/2 cup diced red onions
3 tbsp. Chopped cilantro
1/3 cup sliced purple cabbage
1/3 cup sliced white cabbage
1 tbsp. Mayonnaise
1 tsp. White vinegar
1 tsp. Sugar
4 flour tortillas
1 cup plain flour
1 cup ice-cold beer
Lime wedges / lime juice to taste
Canola oil (for frying)
Salt to taste
1) To make the pistachio-mango pico de gallo salsa, mix all the ingredients in a bowl (chopped pistachios, mango, tomatoes and red onions), add some cilantro leaves and adjust salt and lime juice to taste.
2) In a separate bowl, add the shaved cabbage and mix with mayonnaise, white vinegar and sugar. Adjust salt to taste.
3) To make the batter, place the flour in a roomy bowl. Incorporate the beer until you have a smooth batter, add 2 tsp. Of Salt and set aside.
4) Heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat, dip a few pieces of fish into the batter, shake off the excess, then fry for about 4 minutes until crisp and golden. Repeat until you’ve cooked all fish, draining each batch briefly on a kitchen paper to remove excess oil. Sprinkle lightly with more salt.
5) Serve fish immediately in warm tortillas, over the shaved cabbage and the pistachio-mango pico de gallo salsa. You can garnish with more cilantro leaves and lime wedges!
In this recipe
Seasoned No Shell
SALT & PEPPER
These two classic spices go together hand-in-hand. Picked fresh from our family’s California orchards, shelled, then lightly sprinkled with the perfect amount of sea salt and cracked red and black pepper, these all-natural, premium pistachios take snacking to the next level.
Want to explore more pistachio-based recipe options?
Don't stop at just one recipe featuring California pistachios. Try these other delectable dishes that feature this versatile and tasty nut!