Log In to Like
Pistachio Roasted Sweet Potato Halves With Chickpeas
May I Have That Recipe
3 medium sized sweet potatoes, similar in size
1 tbsp plus 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1 can (15 ounce) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
6 grape or cherry tomatoes, diced small
1/4 cup shredded carrots
1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp Setton Farms Tajín Seasoned Pistachio Kernels, chopped. Set the 2 tbsp of pistachios aside.
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/8 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
1/4 cup of plain yogurt or sour cream. Regular or vegan.
1) Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
2) Cut the sweet potatoes in half length wise. Brush 2 tsp of the olive oil on the parchment paper and place the sweet potatoes cut side down.
3) Bake for 40 minutes or until sweet potatoes are soft.
4) While the sweet potatoes are baking, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
5) Add the rest of the ingredients except for the 2 tbsp of pistachios.
6) Cook on medium heat for 5 to 7 minutes.
7) Once the potatoes are cooked let them cool until they are cool enough to handle.
8) Place sweet potatoes on a serving dish cut side up, top each sweet potato half with the chickpea mixture.
9) Squeeze the juice of half a lime on the chickpeas.
10) Mix the juice of the remaining half lime with the yogurt and drizzle on the chickpeas.
11) Sprinkle the remaining 2 tablespoons of pistachios on the stuffed potatoes.
In this recipe
Seasoned No Shell
Prepare for a delightful burst of flavor. We combined our family’s premium California pistachios with authentic Tajín Clásico seasoning, made from natural chili peppers, lime, and sea salt. Shelled and seasoned with this famous spice, our Tajín Seasoned Pistachio Kernels make an unexpected delicious treat.
Want to explore more pistachio-based recipe options?
Don't stop at just one recipe featuring California pistachios. Try these other delectable dishes that feature this versatile and tasty nut!