Log In to Like
Pistachio Pesto Spaghetti
May I Have That Recipe
1/2 lb Spaghetti (half a box)
1 tbsp olive oil
4 cloves of garlic, chopped
1 1/2 cup peas (fresh or frozen)
1 pint grape tomatoes
2 tbsp capers
1 tbsp dry oregano
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
For Pistachio Pesto:
2 1/2 cups packed basil leaves
1/2 cup Setton Farms Garlic and Onion Seasoned Pistachio Kernels
2-4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, to taste
1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese or Pecorino Romano Cheese. For a vegan option use 1/4 cup nutritional yeast.
1/4 tsp salt, skip if using parmesan or pecorino Romano cheese
1/8 tsp ground black pepper
1 clove of garlic or more to taste.
The zest of one medium lemon and 2 tsp of freshly squeezed lemon juice (optional)
1) Cook the pasta al dente, following the directions on the package, saving one cup of pasta cooking water.
2) While the pasta cooks Make the pesto by combining all the ingredients, except for the olive oil and the cheese in the food processor. Pulse while drizzling the olive oil until you obtain a chunky texture.
3) Scoop pesto into a bowl and add cheese. Taste and adjust seasoning to your liking. Set aside
4) To make the sauce heat the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet. Add the garlic and cook over medium heat for about a minute, stirring constantly so it doesn’t burn.
5) Add the peas, tomatoes, capers and oregano and continue cooking for 5-7 minutes. Add the lemon juice and cook for about 3 more minutes
6) Add drained pasta and pesto to the skillet mix it well and add some of the pasta cooking water if needed to create a sauce.
7) Taste the pasta and season to your liking by adding fresh ground black pepper, red pepper flakes, shaved parmesan cheese, or more lemon juice.
In this recipe
Seasoned No Shell
Indulge your taste buds with the rich, savory flavors of roasted garlic and onion. Picked fresh from our family’s California orchards and shelled for your convenience, each crunchy bite of these premium, all-natural Garlic-Onion pistachios elevates your snacking game to delicious new heights.
Want to explore more pistachio-based recipe options?
Don't stop at just one recipe featuring California pistachios. Try these other delectable dishes that feature this versatile and tasty nut!