Log In to Like
Pistachio Cheese Straws
May I Have That Recipe
1 box frozen puff pastry dough (2 sheets), thawed in the fridge overnight or on your counter for an hour
6 ounces grated parmesan cheese
3/4 cup Setton Farms Salt and Pepper Seasoned Pistachio Kernels
1) Line 2 extra large baking sheets with parchment paper.
2) Place pistachios in a food processor and pulse until fine.
3) Roll each sheet of puff pastry between 2 pieces of parchment paper until it measures 15”x 13”
4) Beat the egg with 1 tsp of water and brush it into the surface of one of the puff pasty sheets.
5) Sprinkle the parmesan cheese and ground pistachios over the brushed egg on the puff pastry sheet. It may seem like a lot of filling, but it’s the right amount.
6) Place the second pastry sheet on top of the first one and press with a rolling pin, so the filling sticks to the pastry. Brush the top pastry sheet with the egg.
8) Cut into 1/2 inch strips. The strips will be pretty long. You can cut them in them in half or leave them long.
9) Carefully twist each strip and place on the prepared baking sheets, pressing the ends, to secure them.
10) Bake for 15 minutes or until golden. Check the straws after 12 minutes, since baking time can vary with different ovens.
In this recipe
Seasoned No Shell
SALT & PEPPER
These two classic spices go together hand-in-hand. Picked fresh from our family’s California orchards, shelled, then lightly sprinkled with the perfect amount of sea salt and cracked red and black pepper, these all-natural, premium pistachios take snacking to the next level.
Want to explore more pistachio-based recipe options?
Don't stop at just one recipe featuring California pistachios. Try these other delectable dishes that feature this versatile and tasty nut!