Log In to Like
Pistachio Butternut Squash and Black Bean Enchilada
May I Have That Recipe
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil
1 medium onion, diced
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 Red bell pepper, diced
1 1/4 pounds peeled butternut squash, cubed (about 4 diced cups)
1/2 to 3/4 tsp salt
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp cumin
2/3 cup Setton Farms Tajín Seasoned Pistachio Kernels, chopped (set aside 1 to 2 tablespoons)
1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
2 cups Enchilada sauce store bought or homemade
6 soft corn tortillas (6”), cut into 2” squares
3 cups Mexican blend shredded cheese
1. Pre-heat oven to 400ºF
2. In a large oven-safe skillet for which you have a lid, heat olive oil, add onions and garlic and cook for 5 minutes until translucent
3. Add red bell pepper, butternut squash, salt, chili powder and cumin. Mix so all the veggies are coated with the spices. Add 1/3 cup of water to the pan and cook covered at medium heat for 7 minutes or until the butternut squash is soft.
4. Add pistachios (remember to set aside 1-2 tablespoons), black beans 1 cup of the shredded cheese, enchilada sauce, and cut soft tortillas and mix to combine.
5. Sprinkle the remaining 2 cups of cheese on top, place the pan in and bake for 10 minutes, until the cheese is melted. Turn the broiler on high and broil for 5 minutes or just until the cheese turns golden.
6. Sprinkle the remaining 2 tablespoons of pistachios that you set aside and enjoy right out of the oven.
In this recipe
Seasoned No Shell
Prepare for a delightful burst of flavor. We combined our family’s premium California pistachios with authentic Tajín Clásico seasoning, made from natural chili peppers, lime, and sea salt. Shelled and seasoned with this famous spice, our Tajín Seasoned Pistachio Kernels make an unexpected delicious treat.
Want to explore more pistachio-based recipe options?
Don't stop at just one recipe featuring California pistachios. Try these other delectable dishes that feature this versatile and tasty nut!