Log In to Like
Pistachio & Chocolate Swirls
1 ½ cups Setton Farms Raw Pistachio Kernels
1 cup evaporated cane sugar
¾ cup chocolate chips
1 container (8 oz) non-dairy cream cheese
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon sea salt
2 sheets non-hydrogenated puff pastry, thawed
1) Pre-heat oven to 400°
2) In a food processor add Setton Farms Pistachio Kernels and sugar. Pulse until uniform and well chopped. Set aside.
3) Melt chocolate chips in a double boiler or in microwave. Add to bowl with cream cheese, cocoa powder, cinnamon, and sea salt. Whisk to combine. Add ½ cup of the pistachio sugar mixture. Reserve remaining pistachio sugar mixture in a small bowl.
4) Spread chocolate mixture on both puff pastry sheets evenly, leaving small border at edge. Roll each sheet into long cylinder. Cut each sheet into 6 pieces.
5) Dip top of each swirl into pistachio sugar mixture.
6) Place each piece, with the pistachio sugar coated swirl side face up, on baking sheet, spaced about 2 inches apart.
7) Bake about 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
In this recipe
Picked fresh from our family’s orchards in California, these premium, raw pistachios have been shelled for your snacking pleasure. Along with a vibrant green hue, you’ll enjoy the distinctive flavors and powerful health benefits of our raw pistachios the way nature intended.
Want to explore more pistachio-based recipe options?
Don't stop at just one recipe featuring California pistachios. Try these other delectable dishes that feature this versatile and tasty nut!