Log In to Like
Orange Pistachio Chocolate Truffles
Yields 10 truffles:
½ cup Setton Farms Raw Pistachio Kernels, plus 1 teaspoon for garnish
1 cup, plus 1 cup dark chocolate chunks or chips
¼ cup organic coconut milk
3 tablespoons orange juice, plus zest of ½ orange
Dash sea salt
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
Zest of ½ orange for garnish
1) Place ½ cup Setton Farms Raw Pistachio Kernels in blender or food processor and pulse until well ground. Set aside.
2) Fill bottom of a double boiler about halfway with water or fill a small pot with about 1 inch water and bring to a simmer. Place a heat-proof bowl over pot of water, or place top portion of double boiler over pot with water.
3) Add 1 cup chocolate and melt for about 5 minutes. Add coconut milk, orange juice and zest of ½ orange, pistachios, sea salt and cocoa powder.
4) Whisk until mixture is smooth. Transfer to a bowl and cool in refrigerator for about 1 hour to firm up.
5) Use a melon baler or spoon to scoop out chocolate mixture. Roll into walnut sized balls.
6) Heat additional cup chocolate in double boiler. Dip each ball into chocolate mixture and place on plate. Top each truffle with dash ground pistachios and pinch of orange zest.
7) Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to firm up. Serve chilled.
In this recipe
Picked fresh from our family’s orchards in California, these premium, raw pistachios have been shelled for your snacking pleasure. Along with a vibrant green hue, you’ll enjoy the distinctive flavors and powerful health benefits of our raw pistachios the way nature intended.
Want to explore more pistachio-based recipe options?
Don't stop at just one recipe featuring California pistachios. Try these other delectable dishes that feature this versatile and tasty nut!