Log In to Like
Buffalo Pistachio Crusted Tofu
May I Have That Recipe
1 lb block protein tofu, sliced in 1/2” slices. Slice from the narrow end of the block. You should get about 9 slices.
3/4 cups all purpose flour
1 1/4 cups water
3/4 cup buffalo wing sauce
2 cups panko bread crumbs
1 - 5 ounce pack Setton Farms Buffalo Wing Seasoned Pistachio Kernels, finely chopped
1/4-1/2 cup of neutral tasting oil for frying
1) Line a large plate with paper towels and set aside.
2) Combine the flour and water in a medium bowl and mix well.
3) Add the buffalo wing sauce and mix again
4) In another bowl combine the panko bread crumbs and chopped pistachios and toss well
5) Place about 1/3 cup of the panko and pistachio mixture on a small plate
6) Heat 1/4 cup of oil in a small skillet
7) Dip a slice of tofu in the prepared Buffalo sauce batter until well coated. Lift the tofu using 2 forks and let the batter drip as much as possible
8) Place it on the small plate with the panko and pistachio mixture. Spoon some of it on top of the tofu, pressing slightly so the tofu is well coated
9) Repeat the process until all the tofu slices are breaded, adding more bread crumb-pistachio mixture to the small plate for each slice of tofu (by doing this, the tofu will be easier to coat)
10) Once the oil is hot, lower the heat to medium and fry the tofu for about one minute per side or until golden. Add more oil to the skillet if needed.
12) Transfer each slice to the lined plate and serve immediately
In this recipe
Seasoned No Shell
This recipe is a fan favorite. Shelled and seasoned with a mouth-watering blend of spicy cayenne pepper, bold paprika, and a dash of vinegar, our family's premium, all-natural Buffalo Wing pistachios are perfect for game day or any other day of the week.
Want to explore more pistachio-based recipe options?
Don't stop at just one recipe featuring California pistachios. Try these other delectable dishes that feature this versatile and tasty nut!