Shaved Fennel Salad with Candied Pistachios
May I Have That Recipe
1 large fennel bulb
1/2 cup freshly chopped parsley or use the fennel fronds, if you prefer
1/2 cup of Setton Farms Garlic Onion Seasoned Pistachio Kernels
2 tbsp pure maple syrup
3 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/4 tsp salt or to taste
1/8 tsp ground black pepper
1) Cut off the top part of the fennel bulb (stalks). Cut the fennel bulb in half. Using a mandolin, cut the fennel into thin slices. Place in a large bowl and add parsley.
2) Take a piece of parchment paper and place it on a large plate.
3) Add pistachios and maple syrup to a non-stick pan, cook for about 10 minutes on medium-low stirring constantly to prevent the pistachios from burning.
4) Move the pistachios into the parchment lined plate, set aside to let them cool.
5) To make the dressing whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper.
6) Pour dressing over the salad.
7) Right before serving divide the salad into 4 plates and top the salad with the caramelized pistachios.