Pistachio Mexican Street Corn
May I Have That Recipe
Makes 6 ear corns
6 ears of corn with the husk
1/2 cup sour cream
2 tsp freshly squeezed lime juice
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/8 -1/4 tsp salt to taste
1 cup crumbled feta cheese or cotija cheese
1/2 cup Chili Lime with Tajín Seasoned Pistachio Kernels chopped
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1) Prep the corn: using scissors cut any exposed silk from the top of the corn. Then gently peel the husk on layer at a time without detaching it from the ear of corn. Once the corn is exposed remove as much corn silk as possible and pull back the husk layers to cover covering the corn. Soak the corn in water for 15-20 minutes.
2) Heat the grill to medium heat, place the corn and let it cook turning it as the husk starts to char. Keep the corn on the heat for at least 15 minutes making sure it doesn’t burn. You want a gently grilled corn.
3) While the corn is cooking mix sour cream, lime juice, chili powder and salt in a medium bowl.
4) In a large platter mix cheese, Chili Lime with Tajín Seasoned Pistachio Kernels and cilantro.
5) Once the corn is ready remove it from the grill and let it sit until cool enough to handle. Then peel back the husk.
6) Using a kitchen brush, brush the sour cream mixture on all the sides of the corn then roll the ear of corn on the pistachio cheese mixture making sure it sticks to the corn. Set aside in a platter. Repeat with the rest of the corn.