Pistachio Chimichurri Over Grilled Portobellos
4 Portobello mushrooms, gills removed
2 teaspoons safflower oil
Dash sea salt and pepper
4 cloves garlic
¼ cup red onion, large dice
1 ½ cups fresh parsley, stemmed
2 tablespoons fresh oregano
2 tablespoons fresh chives, roughly chopped
1/4 cup Jalapeño Seasoned Pistachio Kernels, plus 1 tablespoon
½ cup extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
¼ cup red wine vinegar
½ teaspoon sea salt
½ teaspoon red chili flakes *Optional
1) Preheat grill or grill pan to medium heat.
2) Rub Portobellos with oil, and dash salt and pepper. Add to grill and cook until grill marks appear and mushrooms are cooked through, about 4-7 minutes per side.
3) Remove from heat and slice into thick strips.
4) Meanwhile, add garlic, onion, parsley, oregano, chives, Setton Farms Jalapeño Seasoned Pistachio Kernels, olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, salt and chili flakes, if using, to a food processor. Pulse until uniform, about 40 pulses. Set aside.
5) Drizzle chimichurri over warm Portobellos and serve immediately.