Chocolate Torte with Pistachio Berry Crust
May I Have That Recipe
For the Crust:
2 - 5 ounce packs of Setton Farms Pistachio Berry Blend
2 tbsp of milk of your choice including plant-based
For the Filling:
2 cups almond milk or any milk of your choice
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 cup chocolate chips, dark or semi-sweet
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tbsp cornstarch
3 egg yolks
Optional: 5-6 Setton Farms grated or ground pistachios to garnish the torte.
1) Preheat oven to 350F
2) Place the pistachio berry blend and the milk in the bowl of a food processor fitted an “S” blade, process until the mixture comes together forming a ball.
3) Press the “dough” evenly into the bottom of a 7” spring form pan. You may need to slightly wet your hands to easily do it. Bake for 12 minutes. Set aside to cool.
4) While the crust is baking, prepare the filling. In a medium saucepan combine almond milk and sugar. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Add chocolate chips, cocoa powder and cornstarch stirring constantly until the chocolate is completely melted and thick.
5) In a medium bowl, whisk egg yolks. Temper the yolks by adding 1 tablespoons of the hot chocolate mixture, whisking constantly. Repeat the process with an additional 3 tablespoons of chocolate mixture, adding one tablespoon at a time.
6) Add egg mixture to chocolate and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until it comes to a boil.
7) Reduce heat and simmer for an additional 2-3 minutes.
8) Set aside to cool slightly
9) Pour chocolate over the cooled nut and berry crust.
10) Place the tort in the freezer for 1 hour and then refrigerate overnight or for at least 4 hours, until set. Before serving sprinkle with ground pistachios, if using.