Log In to Like
Pistachio and Figs Panna Cotta
More Than Spicy
1/2 cup Setton Farms Raw Pistachio Kernels
1 ½ cups heavy cream
1 cup milk
3 gelatin leaves
1 tsp vanilla
1 tbsp honey
1) Heat the milk, heavy cream, sugar and vanilla until it starts to simmer.
2) Turn off the heat, cover, add the pistachios and let infuse for about 15 minutes.
3) Blend everything together and pass the mixture through a sieve.
4) Hydrate the gelatin leaves in cold water for about 10 minutes, then remove the excess water of the gelatin, and stir it into the milk-pistachio blend. Make sure the blend is hot to the touch to ensure the gelatin will dissolve.
5) Pour the mixture into four panna cotta moulds (you can also use tall glasses) and allow to set in the fridge for at least 5 hours, though preferably overnight.
6) To help loosen the panna cotta from the mould, dip them first in hot water. Turn onto a plate and garnish with figs, honey and more pistachios!
In this recipe
Picked fresh from our family’s orchards in California, these premium, raw pistachios have been shelled for your snacking pleasure. Along with a vibrant green hue, you’ll enjoy the distinctive flavors and powerful health benefits of our raw pistachios the way nature intended.
Want to explore more pistachio-based recipe options?
Don't stop at just one recipe featuring California pistachios. Try these other delectable dishes that feature this versatile and tasty nut!