California Pistachio Cookie Bars
Yields 2 Dozen Bars
- 1 cup unsalted butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 8 ounces milk chocolate morsels
- 1/2 cup natural California roasted salted pistachios, chopped
- Cream butter and sugars; blend in egg and vanilla. Stir in flour, mix well.
- Spread into greased 9" x 13" baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Melt chocolate morsels over hot water, carefully spread over hot cookie crust.
- Sprinkle pistachios on top while chocolate is warm. Place in refrigerator to set.
- Bring back to room temperature and cut into 2 x 2 1/4 inch bars. Serve at room temperature.