Chicken with Pistachio Orange Sauce
Yields 4 Servings
- 4 large, juicy oranges
- 4 boned, skinned chicken breast halves (5oz each)
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Pinch salt (optional)
- 2 teaspoons minced green onion
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup shelled roasted and salted California pistachios
- Grate 2 teaspoons or orange peel. Halve 1 orange; squeeze to yield 1/2 cup juice (use a second orange as need for 1/2 cup juice). Peel and slice remaining oranges, set aside.
- Flatten chicken with mallet, use waxed paper to prevent splatter. Sprinkle with salt and pepper if desired.
- Saute chicken in 2 teaspoons oil in skillet, turn once. Cook until done but still moist and tender. Transfer chicken to serving dish.
- Prepare the sauce, add orange peel, juice, onion and mustard to pan and cook, stirring to make a sauce. Add orange slices and pistachios and heat thoroughly Pour over chicken.
Resource: California Pistachio Commission