Pistachio & Cranberry Biscotti
Yields Approximately 3 dozen
- 2 1/2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3 Eggs, Lightly Beaten
- 1 Cup Roasted Salted Shelled California Pistachios
- 1 Cup Dried Cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350° & lightly butter large baking sheet or line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder & vanilla.
- Add in eggs and mix until dough is formed.
- Add to dough, pistachios and cranberries and mix until they are evenly distributed throughout. Wet hands with vegetable oil to easily remove dough from hands.
- Divide dough into 3 equal portions.
- On baking sheet, shape each individual dough portion into 6-8 inch logs and approximately 2 inches wide.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove logs from baking sheet and place on a cooling rack for 5 minutes.
- With a serrated knife, cut logs on the diagonal into approximately 1/2 inch slices.
- Place back on baking sheet cut side up and leaning on one another.
- Bake for another 5-7 minutes or until very lightly browned.
- Transfer biscotti back to cooling rack and cool completely.
Resource: Costco Cookbook 200 page 195; Recipes the Costco Way